As a hardcore bibliophile, nothing gives me greater joy during hot, languid days than luxuriating in a great book.
And aside from my usual array of business, marketing and motivation books, summer means being enticed by a host of amazing fiction.
Right now, I’m reading Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and though I’m barely 100 pages in, it’s blowing my mind! Effortless, masterful and full of heart, I’m can’t put this novel down.
Here are some other books that are on my reading list:
- Summer House with Swimming Pool by Herman Koch
- The Silkworm by Robert Gailbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Siege and Storm and Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
- More Game of Thrones…
And many more! I may not get to every single book, but you can bet I’ll try.
What will you be reading this summer?
This week, I’m also lovin’:
Changing direction + writing from the heart + the start of new projects + encouraging words from empowered clients + accountability sessions + Half the Sky and remembering what matters + taking myself out on dates + Saturday + self-honesty and opening up + red nail polish + Lena Headey and her mastery of Game of Thrones-style insults + tea and European cookies + morning walks + long overdue coffee dates with a good friend + long phone chats with my awesome & amazing BFF + my mom’s fun commentary and “serious” iMessaging with my hubby during the World Cup