I’ve been MIA from the blogosphere this past month. I was just feeling exhausted and overwhelmed by my daily plate. It felt good to #unplug — to just step back and do what I needed to do. I started to look at blogging as a chore, and that’s never a good thing.
But now, I feel the itch to get back to it. So here’s a “refreshed” me blogging with a new look!
So here are my June highlights:
- Me and my hubby took a last minute getaway to Atlantic City, NJ. It was a trip of two firsts: our first bus trip together and our first trip together in the U.S. And it was so much fun! We stayed at the gorgeous Revel Resort and spent our days eating, relaxing, window-shopping and gambling (within reason). I’m so glad he convinced me that we needed to get out of town and get some “us” time in.
- Wrote my second article for Dowser. You can read it here.
- Started working out for real. Seventy-five minutes every single day for three weeks now. I’m a machine!
- Spent some quality time with my two BFFs — one IRL and the other on the phone. Life is so much better with dear girlfriends!
- After many, many years, I caught up with my childhood friend and her mom — and her adorable daughter — during an awesome afternoon at home.
- The most memorable movies I saw — and which couldn’t be more different from each other — are The Internship and Shame. Thoroughly enjoyed both in very different ways.
- Finished reading three fantastic books: Lean In (not groundbreaking, but a great one-stop reference for good, common sense advice and relevant data), Wild (beautifully written memoir) and Beautiful Ruins (gorgeous, super-satisfying novel).
What am I looking forward to in July? Well, at the very least:
- My hubby’s return home after weeks (feels like months) away!
- More writing and consulting projects. I’m this close to finishing my first project as an independent consultant. Woohoo!
- Making more headway into the pile of books on my nightstand. Right now, I’m reading Kate Atkinson’s Life After Life. I have no idea what I’ve gotten myself into yet.
- Finally seeing Monsters University…at some point.
- My 31st (!) birthday!