My name is Nisha, and I have recently moved back to my hometown, NYC, after living and working in Mumbai (meri jaan!) for nearly three years.
I blog about my life — all the musings and moments that make it a true joy. I’ll keep things positive, thoughtful and short ‘n’ sweet. Almost all images, unless otherwise noted, are taken by me on my trusty iPhone 4.
(Check out my first blog Eastern Standard Times.There are nearly 200 posts there!)
I’m on the prowl for the next big adventure in my life. In the meantime, by day (and sometimes also by night), I write about urban poverty in South Asia, social entrepreneurship around the world and current hot topics in India’s social space.
(Check out the Bibliography page for links to all my articles.)
Here are some random fun facts about me:
- I’m married to the most kind, handsome, smart and funny man in the universe. He’s simply the best.
- I’m blessed with a small, wonderful circle of family and friends who all inspire me with their generosity. I love them to bits and pieces!
- I’m passionate about the written word in all its forms. I write constantly — in my journals, stories, articles, on this blog… And I’m a voracious reader with a particular fondness for literary fiction, classics, Swedish thrillers, young adult novels and essays by funny ladies.
- I love the elegance of NYC, the electricity of Mumbai, the romance of Paris and the repose of Goa.
- I am a proud worshipper at the temple of Apple. (All hail Jobs!)
- Sushi and tiramisu are some of my favorite eats (though not together).
- Frequent performers on my iTunes playlists include Beach House, Washed Out, Chopin, The Radio Dept., Adele, Florence + the Machine, Puccini, the Hanna soundtrack, Bach, Jay Z, Yeah Yeah Yeahs. And many others.
- I’m a big kid and a softie: I can’t resist Pixar movies and rom-coms.
- I want to do some good in this world.
I hope you will enjoy my (growing) lil corner of webspace and visit often.